We said goodbye to snail and whale last week at Rocky River.
Their visit was enjoyed by us all.
We gave them the tour of our school.
They visited all second grade classes.
- First it was off to the computer lab where they sent an email saying they had arrived safely.
- Then a stop in the office to share their story and get a visitors badge.
- Next a visit to the music room to play the piano and drum and sing some songs.
- A visit to the gym to stay fit while traveling.
- A visit by the library to listen to a story from America and getting a book to read.
- After those visits in other classes and back to Mrs. Todd’s classroom they got to participate in some fairy tale reader’s theater with funny adapted fairy tales. Everyone laughed a lot. They even got to enjoy an ice pop. They got to work in math with shapes and fractions. They heard a story about Ralph S. Mouse.
- Outside they saw the learning garden and wanted a strawberry but they were still green. Some sketching of flowers was enjoyed by Flat Friends from England and Snail and Whale from New Zealand.
- On to the playground for some active play time and a chance to meet some fairy tale characters.
- On to cafeteria to enjoy some lunch.
- Back to the room to pack up and travel to New Town for the last week of school with the Superstars. Wonder what they’ll do there? They didn’t have far to travel- the trip was short and still in Union County.